Saturday, March 04, 2017

Front Range Prairie Sunrise

Woke at 5:15AM and still barely made it to the chosen spot in time to catch the brilliant colors of the nice Sunrise we had today.

Steve Williams of ScooterintheSticks asked for "more big sky" pictures recently, so here you go Steve!








As I started Scarlett up and got moving back towards home, I thought the engine sounded louder than usual.  Pretty soon, she was sounding like a Harley-Davidson, proclaiming that false claim: "Loud Pipes Saves Lives"!

I looked down and damned if the muffler hadn't come loose from the fitting where it mated to the pipe coming from the exhaust header pipe.  Sigh.

Stopped, got out the tools, loosened the clamp and pounded in the muffler, tightened the clamp and all was as it should be.  Ural quiet the engine was, once again.  :)

I'm guessing perhaps Randy didn't quite clamp down on the muffler when he put the engine back into Scarlett.  Oh well, easy fix.

Here's a short movie I made of the pictures taken this morning:

7 comments:

RichardM said...

At least you didn't lose the muffler on the road like I did in southern British Columbia.

Incredible sunrise photos!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks RichardM, it truly was a very nice sunrise this morning. I've got the muffler all tightened up nice now.

SonjaM said...

Impressive colours, Dom. this is how I remember the prairie skies. Sights like this are priceless (if you don't count waking up early to actually be able to see this).

Steve Williams said...

Some fine photographs of the URAL at sunrise. The second one has the big sky feel for me. And your video, especially the music you applied, gives that "Morning in America" feel. It definitely echoes the emotional state I can be in when riding alone at sunrise. I almost feel like I'm a character in some majestic story. I refrained from saying a hero in my own story because I think a person needs a sword to be a hero...

In regard to the muffler -- I thought the saying was "Loud Pipes Hurts Motorcycling"...

redlegsrides said...

Danke SonjaM, getting up early seems to get harder the older I get....easier to catch sunsets eh?

Steve Williams, thanks! Glad you liked the pics and music choice, it's one of the top three I go to for videos....seems I am unconsciously shooting for the music choice at times. You could probably strap a sword and scabbard onto the Vespa....I completely agree re your "loud pipes" saying.

Trobairitz said...

Beautiful Dom!

redlegsrides said...

Thank you Trobairitz!