Saturday, October 22, 2016

New Mexico Glamping

Our first extended glamping trip with Umarang, the Jayco Escapade motorhome and trailering Fiona via trailer.

Just over five hours from our home in Centennial, it was smooth cruising on the I-25 Super Slab and a stint on Westbound US64 to reach the resort town of Angel Fire.

 Martha at the wheel, she did great...


We got settled into our pull-through RV site with no issue and had a late lunch of sandwiches and chips along in my case a nice ale.

 The facilities are quite nice, best I've seen in my limited RV'ing experience.

 That's Umarang in the background, we're that close to the facilities.

Fiona is ready....

11 comments:

RichardM said...

Wow! That is a pretty ritzy RV resort! I think I'd be trying out the jacuzzi especially after your trip out there. Did you get to relax on the drive out?

redlegsrides said...

Yes, RichardM, very relaxing as Martha did most of the driving once we were clear of Colorado Springs....I actually got to check out the views instead of watching for cagers.

SonjaM said...

Looks like Martha is really into RVing. Cool! The campground facilities seem awesome, Dom. What is the cost for such a place? In Germany / Denmark we payed between 25 and 35€ per day.

redlegsrides said...

She really does seem to be liking it SonjaM. A bit more costly, these facilities, it works out to almost 50 euros/day....and that's with the extended stay discount, stay 4 nights, get 4th night free. But you can't take it with you right? I am sure some boondocking days are in our RV'ing future....

Trobairitz said...

Oooh you've ventured further.

Looks like a nice lodge too.

redlegsrides said...

It's a pretty ritzy rv site I must say, future ones will probably just be a disappointment to Martha!

Martha said...

Yes, the rv park has luxury in its name so I realize we are at the top and am open to working my way down in terms of resort amenities...on the other hand options are limited as we are off season. All in all the rv + URAL is something I'm finding very much to my liking!

Bluekat said...

Loving this!

redlegsrides said...

Its been a pretty fun time so far Kari Kropf, sure beats living out of a tent.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'd like to do a moto-camping ride through Angel Fire next spring.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks motoventures...its a nice area, not as breathtakingly scenic as some of the Colorado roads but not bad either.