Sunday, January 04, 2015

Snowy Test Ride

I didn't get a chance to take Scarlett, my 2014 URAL Patrol Sidecar Rig out for a test ride until a bit after lunch today.

First I rode to the hardware store to get a beefier nut and longer M10x1.25 bolt to secure the forward mount on the sidecar brake caliper.  I even found helicoils and a tool to install them, now I just lack the right drill bit to resize the mounting hole for the helicoil.  No rush, the WWID solution I implemented yesterday was and is working fine. (WWID: What Would Ivan Do).

Rode out to the ranch neighborhood SE of my home neighborhood as usual and already the snow is melting away!

I hope you like the pictures.


Mount Evans appears closer than it really is....playing with 
the long depth of field of the zoom lens.

Previously: Tire Change Day

10 comments:

VStar Lady said...

Ah, your snow photos continue to inspire me.

VStar Lady said...

Ah, your photos continue to impress me.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks VStar Lady, you're too kind.

RichardM said...

New tires helped or do you need more snow and ice on the road?

redlegsrides said...

RichardM, new tires helped....didn't have to engage 2WD to get out of the neighborhood. Still felt the pusher spin a bit at points but no fishtailing.

SonjaM said...

Lovely photos, enjoying it very much, since ours has been rained and blown away i a recent storm. Bring on more winter pics please.

mq01 said...

its a wintery wonderland! fabulous pics!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks for your comment, MQ01!

Learning to Golf said...

Great pictures and being out for a ride sounds great also.

redlegsrides said...

AZ HD Dude: thanks.