Tuesday, September 02, 2014

A Hotel with an Indoor View

In Hotlanta next few days for work, my company is hosting a conference to help train/educate customers in our offerings.

The event is held in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in downtown Atlanta and I must say, it's quite the architectural statement, this hotel.

Closest analogy that came to mind when I first saw the open interior, was that I was gazing along the inside of a gigantic whale, it's spine depicted by the elevator shafts and the ribs of the whale delineated by the balconies at each level.

Here, you can decide:
 Looking up from the lobby


Looking down from the 30th floor

Cool stuff eh?  The event starts tomorrow, my duties are minimal, and Thursday we'll be moving the party to the Coca Cola Museum nearby, should be a good time.

8 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Very interesting pictures! It is good to be Dom and get to hang out in Atlanta.

RichardM said...

Really cool photos of the hotel interior. Are you teaching?

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Richard, no, not teaching...support staff duties.

Trobairitz said...

It almost looks like an optical illusion. Pretty cool.

SonjaM said...

Interesting architecture, well captured.

Canajun said...

Wow, that is very cool. And I do see the whale innards analogy. Great photos.

BeemerGirl said...

I don't have much call to go into hotels in ATL. But that one has some spectacular architecture. I so wish we were in town, I would be taking you out for dinner! Have fun. Hope it isn't oo humid. Good luck with the activities. Hope to catch you next time.

Anonymous said...

Like something out of startrek.

Cool

Coyote