Sunday, July 27, 2014

Dawn Patrol

I woke early this morning in order to catch the sunrise, took my 2014 Ural Patrol: Scarlett and headed for a nearby dirt road that links Gun Club Road and Picadilly Road.

I got there soon after the first rays of light warned of the impending approach of the sun.


Over the next 40 minutes or so, I took many pictures; moved Scarlett around a couple of times and enjoyed the quiet solitude of an early Sunday morning.





 Our shadow, racing us home...

Our shadow won the race...

This post is dedicated to the memory of Rachel, Bluekat and Ron's daughter with the strong fighting spirit, who recently lost her fight with cancer.  Martha and I hope their grief is short-lived and their happy memories of Rachel are ever-lasting.

Here's a pic of the first time I met Rachel...

Rest in Peace, Rachel....

3 comments:

SonjaM said...

The 2nd picture with the light breaking through and illuminating the flowers is especially awesome.
What a wonderful and considerate thought dedicating this exceptionally beautiful sunrise to Rachel.

RichardM said...

Absolutely beautiful photos and very thoughtful tribute!

Trobairitz said...

A beautiful tribute to Rachel.