Monday, May 12, 2014

Last Snowy Commute for a While?

Mother's Day weekend is, from what I've heard and observed in my almost 17 years living in the great state of Colorado, usually when we get the last snow storm for the season.

Right on schedule, it started snowing on Sunday, but it didn't amount to much accumulation that day.

This Monday morning, the snow was kind of sticking to the streets but it still wasn't much accumulation in the suburbs where I live.  There was perhaps two inches on the driveway as I backed Scarlett, my 2014 URAL Patrol Sidecar Rig, out of the garage.

The commute in was slushy and wet but not icy which is always a bonus.  Traffic was lighter than normal as well which was surprising for a Monday but I wasn't complaining.

It was starting to snow heavier as I neared downtown Denver so I detoured for a set of pictures in Denver's City Park.




MLK Memorial in Denver City Park

The rest of the drive in was fine, the snow continued to fall heavily but it was not very windy so the snow flakes didn't sting when they hit my face as I walked from the parking garage.

It's going to be a good week, I can feel it.

9 comments:

spat said...

C6, It sounds like you may miss it.
Enjoy the spring

RichardM said...

The "good week" feeling will continue as long as there is falling snow? The monochrome looking photos really help the red to stand out.

redlegsrides said...

Spat, you know me too well....I will miss the snow.

RichardM, no, its just a good start of the week that's all.

Trobairitz said...

I couldn't imagine getting snow this late in the year.

So pretty though.

redlegsrides said...

Trobairitz, I like snow, it hides the ugliness of "civilization".

Unknown said...

Dom:

it's one of those things that we have learned through word association.

Like for instance: hot, think cold, Black, think white

Snow think Dom/Ural at least that's what I thought the last time it snowed here.

I don't think those were monochrome photos, just that the scene was in Black and White

This is a good week for us too, Monday is a Stat Holiday

bob
A weekend photographer or Riding the Wet Coast

redlegsrides said...

Bobskoot, you are correct in that the pics were not monochromatic....its just how the light was at that time of the morning.

SonjaM said...

The weather gods should have checked the calendar, it's May for heaven's sake.

But I am sure you didn't mind, Dom.

redlegsrides said...

Naturlich, SonjaM, Naturlich....