Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Early March Sunrise

While the east coast is apparently being pummeled by yet another winter storm, we here in Colorado woke to balmy temperatures (mid to high 30sF) and mostly clear skies.  There is some moisture predicted for late this evening but it doesn't sound like its going to be much.

The skies were turning a gorgeous orange/red color in Brigitta's rear view mirrors so I had to stop during my commute into downtown Denver to take these pictures.

 Colorado Sunrise


Mount Evans in the early morning...

Sorry I've not posted much of late, I've been riding my '87 BMW R80, Brigitta to work when I can; caging it in Milli the PT Cruiser when I can't.  As the days lengthened, I would approach and pass the usual picture spots for sunset pictures with the sun too high in the sky; and during the morning ride in, there'd been some light but not enough to take pictures by.....today was pretty good in terms of lighting, don't you think?

Speaking of weather, I hope the current storm hitting the east coast doesn't delay the departure of the 2014 Patrol I ordered.  It's supposed to leave the warehouse in New Jersey today.

7 comments:

SonjaM said...

Breathtaking colours. A good reason to stop and take pics.
So obviously the previous doubts are gone, and you are going forward with the purchase? Can't wait to see it.

redlegsrides said...

Hi SonjaM, yep, doubts gone...now waiting for the new rig.

RichardM said...

Wonderful sunrise colors. My favorite time of day to take pictures. Unfortunately, as spring and summer approaches, I'd have to get out and about earlier and earlier to see it.

Spat said...

C6 I have been thinking about your rides in with the changing morning light as I watched the morning rise changing over the last couple of weeks on my bus commute. Although you capture it well it's just practice as we start all over again with the morning sunrise with DST Sunday.
Do you get a tracking # for your new rig? No way can I be as excited but I am waiting anxiously your reports on the new candy cane

redlegsrides said...

RichardM, thanks...

Spat, dang I forgot about DST coming up....oh well. No tracking number yet....I left VM for Tammy. It'll most likely get to Ft Collins a week from today.

Oh, and today was the first time I saw another motorcycle in the UMB bank parking lot....since January!

VStar Lady said...

Beautiful sunrise ... I saw one not unlike it (except for the mountain, and the mirror)this morning here in the East.(Am not looking forward to the lost hour of sleep with the time change here either!)

Trobairitz said...

Absolutely stunning sunrise.

When do you making the calendars?

Hope the Patrol arrives on time.