Monday, March 08, 2010

Back among the working

Today was my first day as a fulltime employee with Sungard Availability Services at their Aurora Data Center.

Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming so far, the bureaucracy minimal so far, and I received my company laptop in the afternoon so I can hopefully become productive in short order!

Best part?  Not only is it an easy commute to work via motorcycle but parking is not only plentiful but I was able to park, quite by coincidence, right outside the windows by which my cubicle is located!  I need only stand up in my cube and gaze out into the parking lot at my motorcycle of the day.

 
Taken with my camera phone, through the window screen slats
Now does it get any better than that?  I believe I am going to like working for Sungard.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Looks good! I'm glad you're working again.

RichardM said...

The downside is that you can look out, see your bike of the day and wish you were out riding instead of spending time in a cube.

Good luck at the new job!

cpa3485 said...

I normally park in a garage at work. But on Saturdays the garage is closed. Then I park in a place where I can see my scoot from my window. I do have to get out of my chair to see it, but I like to do that a few times during the day. Glad the employment thing has worked out for you.

KEN PHENIX said...

Congratulations Dom! I'll bet there will be some proselytizing going on in the office. There will be more bikes and especially Ural's in that parking lot in no time. :)

Unknown said...

Charlie6:

glad to have you back in the work force, also nice to be able to see your Ural. When I ride to work I can see my bike behind me through the window.

bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin

Gary France said...

The first day in a new job is always exciting, especially so if you can ride to work! Congrats on the new job, but don't spend too long in your first week staring out of the window.....

irondad said...

May all the rest of your employment surprises be pleasant ones, as well.

My problem is that I don't travel to an office. The bike is right nearby and nothing stops me from going out and riding. That has both up and down sides!

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Charlie6 (Domingo):

There are those who regard the cubical as a prison. I'd change places with you in 30 seconds. I can't think of a more significant exercise so in tune with preparing one for the work day than riding a bike to the office. Congratulations and good luck.

I had a job interview yesterday. The opening was for a piano player in a whore house. I mentioned this to my mother who immediately broke down in tears.

"I'm so humiliated for you," said my mom.

"Because it's a whore house," I asked.

"A whore house," she exclaimed! "I thought you said 'the White House.' The tips would really suck at the White House."

Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad
Twisted Roads

Mike said...

Congratulations on being back among the working. That's pretty cool that you can see your bike but I agree that it might have a touch of torture to it. I ditto what Irondad said in his second paragraph.

Oz said...

Good to hear your first day went well. Hope all the days go well.